How to become a computer engineer?
Do you want to become a computer engineer? Whether in the management of networks, industrial computer systems or the web, there are many areas of specialization. How to become a computer engineer? How do you know if you have the profile? Which studies to choose? We take stock.
What is a computer engineer?
An engineer working in the IT sector is a versatile professional, a true IT expert . His jack-of-all-trades profile allows him to use his skills in various sectors, from the computer network and its construction to computer and software development , through more technical aspects or even hardware management.
However, a computer engineer can also specialize by practicing in a particular field. This title also includes several professions such as network engineer , system engineer , internet and multimedia engineer , computer scientist and software development engineer .
The main skills required to work in IT as an engineer are:
- Computers : at the risk of breaking open doors, solid computer skills are necessary in order to exercise this profession. These may have been acquired during a course or in total autonomy. It is by seeking to develop them that you will obtain interesting positions.
- Rigor : this is indeed an essential quality to become an engineer in computer science . The job being punctuated by technical missions , there is nothing better to stay focused than carefully stored files and an up-to-date schedule. We recommend that you cultivate this aspect of your personality which will be useful to you, all trades combined.
- Analytical mind : when a problem arises, whether it is a minor bug or a generalized crash, an IT engineer must be able to trace the entire chain of the incident in order to understand its origins and to find appropriate solutions.
- Versatility : computer science being a vast field comprising hundreds of sub-domains, the computer engineer has a gift of ubiquity since he navigates from one subject to another without difficulty.
- Relational : the IT engineer works in a team and his sense of dialogue and communication are essential skills in order to easily explain his activities and share his knowledge.
- Management : an IT engineer often has a managerial role within a major project, so he has a real sense of listening and observation to motivate his troops.
- Fluency in English : the computer engineer having excellent development skills , he must know how to speak English to code properly (English being the most used language in most computer programs and software).
Why become a computer engineer?
The job of computer engineer is exciting for people keen on science and new technologies . It is also a highly sought-after profession in the digital age . It is therefore a very reassuring job because of its high rate of employability.
The computer engineer frequently carries out missions with responsibilities, technology being at the heart of many business strategies. It is therefore a job with a future offering great prospects for development.
What studies to become a computer engineer?
To become a computer engineer , several possibilities are available to the student who has just graduated from the general or technological baccalaureate .
Once the baccalaureate is in his pocket, the future computer engineer can move towards a GOAL and then an engineering school , or else opt for the university route
What is the salary of a computer engineer?
At the beginning of his career, a computer engineer with a junior profile can receive a salary of between 2,800 and 3,800 € gross per month.
Depending on the employee’s experience and the effectiveness of their skills, this salary generally increases in mid-career, rising to around €4,800 gross monthly.
At the end of the career, the average salary received is between $5,400 and $7,800 gross per month.
Be careful, however, these scales may vary from one company to another, or according to the specialty chosen.